Cottage Health's Total Compensation Package
Take the Next Step
Download our Choices brochure
Cottage Health strives to create an environment that encourages you to stay with us for your entire career. One of the ways we attract and retain the best employees is by offering competitive compensation programs. Another is through our comprehensive benefit program called ‘Choices…for health…for wealth…for life’. This total rewards package is among the best in the hospital industry.
We are proud to offer you not only excellent traditional benefit plans like medical, dental, life insurance, and disability coverage, but also a cutting edge program of health improvement opportunities. The program provides tools that allow you to bring the same attention to your health that CH does to the health of our patients.
For more information about CH's benefits plans, contact CH Benefits Administration at (805) 879-8777.
Benefits Available to All Employees
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Cash Balance Retirement Plan*
- CH Commuter Program - SmartRide website
- CH-Sponsored Events
- Coastal Housing Partnership
- Discount tickets
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Everyday Heroes — Employee Recognition Program • Free onsite yoga
- Onsite Child Care at SBCH (limited availability)
- Onsite seated massage
- PDL Great West 401(k) Retirement Plan**
- Santa Barbara County Federal Credit Union
- SBCH Employee Pharmacy Discount
- Tax-Sheltered Annuities—403(b)*
Additional Benefits Available to Full-Time and Part-Time Benefit Eligible Employees
• Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (CH-paid)
• Basic Long-Term Disability (CH-paid)
• Certification bonus
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
• Healthcare Student Loan Program
• Long-Term Sick Leave
• Medical, prescription drugs and vision benefits
• Mortgage Assistance Program (MAP)
• Paid Time Off • Prepaid Legal Plan
• SBCH Parking Cash-Out Incentive
• Travel assistance
• Tuition reimbursement
• Voluntary benefits through Aflac
• Voluntary Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
• Voluntary Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
• Wellness program
• Workforce Housing—Bella Riviera
* Pacific Diagnostic Laboratories (PDL) employees are not eligible for these benefits; instead, PDL employees have a 401(k) retirement savings plan into which they are automatically enrolled.
** This program is for PDL employees only.
Generally, you are eligible for some or all of these Choices the first of the month after 30 days of continuous employment as a regular:
- full-time employee (minimum 72 hours per pay period), or
- part-time employee (minimum 40 hours per pay period).
(Actual hours scheduled are based on department need.)