The New Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital
The new Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital provides advanced technology and greater comfort. This new state-of-the-art facility will serve the growing community of Goleta Valley. Today, Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital admits more than 1,500 patients a year and sees more than 18,000 emergency visits.
Some of the features of the new hospital include:
- An expanded Emergency Department. With 20 patient rooms, almost all of which are private, our board-certified emergency physicians can handle increasing demand for services with speed and personal attention.
- 52 private rooms for medical, surgical and intensive care: We thoughtfully planned features to best meet patient needs.
- The Ridley-Tree Center for Wound Management: Nationally distinguished for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical results, the center now has four hyperbaric oxygen therapy chambers, which accelerate healing.
- Cottage Center for Orthopedics at Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital: Cottage Health’s knee and hip replacement programs have received the Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission.
- Seven surgical suites: State-of-the-art facilities support our facial reconstruction and orthopedics programs as well as general and plastic surgeries.
- Healing Arts: We’ve incorporated 280 pieces of local artwork throughout the hospital to comfort, inspire and celebrate the beauty of Goleta Valley.
Cottage Center for Orthopedics
Stay active through all stages of life. Our talented medical professionals will help keep you moving. In 2014, the Center performed over 1,000 joint replacements, more than anyone else on California’s Central Coast.
At Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital, we are glad to provide the nationally recognized services of Cottage Center for Orthopedics to our community.
Distinguished Joint Replacement Care
The Cottage Center for Orthopedics joint replacement program is the only Center on California’s Central Coast to achieve Primary Certification from The Joint Commission, the nation’s top independent health care accreditor.
Our knee and hip replacement program has also received:
- Gold Seal of Approval™ from The Joint Commission
- Blue Distinction Center designation from the national Blue Cross Blue Shield companies
Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital has skilled orthopedic surgeons, an experienced support team and a new state-of-the-art surgical suite. We also offer thoughtful preparation and resources. Before surgery, patients attend a joint replacement class and go through a screening that includes time with a dietician, physical therapist and case manager. After surgery, patients receive physical therapy at least twice a day during their hospital stay to put them on the path to long-term success.
Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital Emergency Department
Whether time is clearly critical, or you just need to make sure everything’s OK, Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital’s Emergency Department is ready for you, around the clock, with care from board-certified emergency physicians.
Our Emergency Department more than doubled in size with the building of our new hospital so we can best meet Goleta Valley’s growing needs.
Emergency Department Features:
- Larger waiting room with comfortable new furniture.
- Twenty treatment rooms.
- Upgraded exam equipment and surgical lighting in each room.
- Negative pressure room to help fight infections.
- Adjacent access to imaging services – X-ray, ultrasound, CT scans, PET-CT, vascular imaging.
- Decontamination shower at outside entrance for chemical exposure cases.
- Expert care available through Cottage Center for Orthopedics.
Prepare for an Emergency Visit
Always call 9-1-1 if you suspect a heart attack or stroke, or if someone has stopped breathing. An emergency medical crew can start treatment right away, shorten time to the hospital and help our staff best prepare for arrival.
The Ridley-Tree Center for Wound Management
Our team of wound care specialists at The Ridley-Tree Center for Wound Management will design a treatment plan to meet your individual needs and keep you involved in the treatment process. The Center features private treatment rooms and state-of-the-art hyperbaric technology that serves more than 13,000 patients a year.
What Types of Wounds Do We Treat?
Any wound that has not begun to heal in 2 weeks, or has not healed completely in 6 weeks, may benefit from our Advanced Wound Center. We treat wounds that result from a number of conditions, including:
- Diabetic Wounds
- Pressure and Vascular Ulcers
- Venous Stasis Ulcers
- Non-Healing Surgical Wounds
- Infected Wounds
- Chronic Wounds
Why Wound Care?
Studies have shown that wound care treatment has reduced amputation rates and length of hospital stays. Through advanced treatment options our team will develop a plan of care specific to your needs.
Advanced treatment options include:
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Total Contact Casting (Gold Standard for treating diabetic foot wounds)
- Compression Therapy
- Advanced Wound Dressings
- Bioengineered Tissue
- Nutritional Support
- Negative Pressure Wound Vac Therapy
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy delivers high concentrations of 100 percent oxygen into the bloodstream. This type of therapy assists in the healing process of wounds and is effective in fighting certain types of infections. It also helps to stimulate the growth of new blood vessels, which can improve circulation and wound healing.
The Ridley-Tree Center for Wound Management - Goleta
351 S. Patterson Avenue
Goleta, CA 93111
The Ridley-Tree Center for Wound Management - Santa Ynez
2028 Village Lane, Suite 202
Solvang, CA 93463
Our Wound Center is one of only three centers in California and one of 21 in the nation to earn The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval.
List of Services Available