Clinical Education Opportunities
2017 Trauma/Critical Care Symposium
The 16th Annual Trauma/Critical Care Symposium will be held July 7th, 2017, at the Fess Parker DoubleTree Hilton Resort in Santa Barbara.
This course is designed for physicians, nurses pre-hospital personnel, and other healthcare providers to take evidence-based research in the treatment and management of seriously injured patients to practice application.
- Discuss new technology and techniques for optimal care of diverse trauma-related issues
- Describe state-of-the-art management of diverse trauma-related issues
- Present data based evidence to compare and contract pre-hospital and clinical care
- Illustrate how better-informed treatment decisions at all stages of care improve patient outcomes.
2017 Oncology Nursing Symposium
The 8th annual Cottage Health Oncology Nursing Symposium will be held Friday, October 27, 2017, at The Fess Parker DoubleTree Hilton Resort in Santa Barbara
Designed to meet the educational needs of nurses and other healthcare professionals interested in expanding their knowledge in the field of oncology.
Course content includes evidence-based practice, current research and data, controversial case studies and strategies for coping with overwhelming life events. 6-7 CEU's may be earned.
- Full Day Conference
- Intimate Learning Environment
- Rich Educational Program
- Spend a day in beautiful Santa Barbara
Dr. BJ Miller, Hospice and Palliative Medicine, UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
Dr. Miller’s 2015 TED Talk: “Not Whether But How” (aka “What Matters Most at the End of Life”), was ranked among the Top 15 Most Viewed Talks of the year.