Resident Agreement of Appointment/Contract
DEPT: MEDICAL EDUCATION
POLICY #: 8240.22
To ensure that residents are provided with a written agreement of appointment/contract outlining the terms and conditions of their appointment to a program.
In accordance with the Institutional Requirements set forth by the Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital must monitor programs with regard to implementation of terms and conditions of appointment.
The Graduate Medical Education Committee (GMEC) of Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital will review and approve the resident contract.
The contract/agreement of appointment must directly contain or provide a reference to the following items:
- Resident responsibilities;
- Duration of appointment;
- Financial support for residents;
- Conditions for reappointment and promotion to a subsequent PGY level;
- Grievance and due process;
- Professional liability insurance, including a summary of pertinent information regarding coverage;
- Hospital and health insurance benefits for residents and their eligible dependents;
- Disability insurance for residents;
- Vacation, parental, sick, and other leave(s) for residents, compliant with applicable laws;
- Timely notice of the effect of leave(s) on the ability of residents to satisfy requirements for program completion;
- Information related to eligibility for specialty board examinations;
- Institutional policies and procedures regarding resident duty hours and moonlighting.
COTTAGE HEALTH SYSTEM POLICY
RECOMMENDED BY: A. Gersoff, M.D. MD (DIO) DATE: 5/14
ORIGINAL POLICY EFFECTIVE DATE: 5/27/14
APPROVED BY: E. Wroblewski, M.D. (CIO) DATE: 5/14