About Your Stay at Cottage Health
Planning for a hospital stay can be stressful. To make your time with Cottage Health as pleasant as possible, we have gathered the following information to help you prepare.
What to Bring
- A list of your medicines, including doses and times. Do not bring the actual medications.
- A list of your allergies (including medications, food and latex) and allergic reactions.
- Completed advance directive. Here are links to the advance directive form and the registration form. You can also get these forms directly from our hospitals:
- Cottage Rehabilitation Hospital: 805-687-7444
- Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital: 805-967-3411
- Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital: 805-682-7111
- Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital: 805-688-6431
- Any forms provided by your doctor.
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, comb and other sundries.
- Hearing aids, glasses or contact lenses (with cases/containers) and supplies.
- Robe, non-skid slippers and loose-fitting clothes.
- Your photo identification, insurance and/or Medicare cards, required forms or deposits.
- Any assistive devices (cane, walker, etc.). Please label with your name, address and phone number.
Leave at home:
- All jewelry, including rings, bracelets, and body piercings.
- Any electrical appliances, including computers and hair dryers
- Money and credit cards. (Cottage Health cannot assume responsibility for lost or damaged property).
- Due to the allergy risk, latex balloons are not permitted; however, Mylar balloons are allowed.
Meals and Nutrition
Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital and Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital offer room service-style meals for our patients. We try to balance your culinary tastes and nutritional needs with any modified diet your physician may have prescribed. To learn more about diet, please visit our comprehensive Food and Nutrition page.
Room service is available at Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital and Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital daily from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
In addition, visitor meals can be delivered to your room at a nominal cost. Please contact your nurse if you would like to order food for a guest.
Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital patient meals are delivered between:
Breakfast: 8–9:15 a.m.
Lunch: Noon–1:15 p.m.
Dinner: 6–6:45 p.m.
Registered dietitians (RDs) are important members of our clinical team, administering nutrition therapy in our hospitals and outpatient clinics. A culinary RD works in food services to ensure the highest quality meals for our patients. Feel free to contact a dietitian if you have any questions about nutrition.
Your physician may order laboratory tests throughout your stay. Quite often, these will require daily blood draws, many of which will be done between 5 and 7 a.m. This ensures your physicians have the results as early as possible and can make the appropriate adjustments to your care.