At Cottage Health, we believe patients and families are our partners, helping us ensure the best possible care in a safe environment. We ask our patients to participate in their health care in the following ways:
- Provide complete information about current complaints, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications and other health-related matters. Patients and families must also report perceived risks in their care and unexpected changes in their condition to their physician.
- Follow the plans and care instructions they have agreed on. This may include following instructions from nurses and allied health personnel as they carry out the coordinated care plan.
- Keep appointments and, if unable to do so, notify the responsible physician or facility.
- Accept ownership for their actions if they refuse treatment or do not follow instructions.
- Ensure all financial obligations for their treatment are fulfilled promptly.
- Follow all facility rules and regulations.
- Be considerate of the rights of other patients and staff.
- Respect other people’s property.