Diagnostics & Testing
Put Your Heart in the Right Place
Get help for your heart or peripheral vascular condition, and find out how you can manage your heart health. Talk with the cardiac specialists at Cottage Health. Call our heart and vascular care center at 1-844-51-HEART.
Cardiovascular disease (heart disease) can be complex, and treatment often requires taking a closer look at your symptoms. At Cottage Health, you’ll find a full range of in-depth diagnostic procedures that help your doctors evaluate your heart function and pinpoint your health risks.
When you choose Cottage Health for heart and vascular diagnosis and testing, you gain access to our skilled cardiac specialists, nurses and technicians, all focused on your cardiovascular health.
You and your doctor may select diagnostic services that include:
- Coronary calcium scoring – Evaluates the presence and location of calcium (or plaques) in your coronary arteries, an indication of coronary artery disease
- Tilt table test – Helps diagnose the cause of unexplained fainting (or near fainting) and conditions associated with low blood pressure
- Cardiac catheterization – Evaluates the function of your heart and surrounding arteries for a variety of heart-related health conditions
Advanced Imaging & Radiology
Get additional diagnostic tests at Cottage Health’s Heart and Vascular Center. Your doctor may choose from a variety of advanced imaging and radiology procedures such as:
- Computed tomography (CT/CAT scan) – Produces multiple images of your heart and merges them in cross-sectional views to better examine your heart’s functions
- Echocardiogram – Shows your heart’s activity and indicates how blood flows between the heart and vessels
- Electrocardiogram (ECG/EKG) – Evaluates the electrical activity of your heart to determine if it is beating normally
- Transesophageal Echocardiogram (TEE) - a test that produces pictures of your heart.
- X-ray – Uses a special dye to produce images of your heart that help guide physicians during testing procedures
Meet Our Heart & Vascular Doctors
The Heart and Vascular Center at Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital is a nationally recognized regional destination for cardiovascular expertise and medical management of complex heart and vascular conditions.
The Meet the Doctors seminars give you an opportunity to learn about conditions of the heart and the latest treatment options. The healthy conversations include a 45-minute presentation by a physician, followed by ample time for questions.
The session is free. Please register in advance by calling us at 1-844-51-HEART.