Heart Services & Treatments
Put Your Heart in the Right Place
Get help for your heart or peripheral vascular condition, and find out how you can manage your heart health. Talk with the cardiac specialists at Cottage Health. Call our heart and vascular care center at 1-844-51-HEART.
Expect the most sophisticated medical approaches—as well as the latest in advanced technology—when you select the Heart and Vascular Center at Cottage Health on California’s Central Coast.
Advanced Technology With a Personal Touch
At Cottage Health, you’re assured of receiving all the services you’d find at a large teaching hospital and trauma center delivered with the personal touch and individual focus you enjoy at a community hospital close to home. You benefit from top-quality care and exceptional outcomes in a beautiful, relaxing and healing environment.
Heart Services We Offer
Choose the nationally recognized cardiovascular specialists at Cottage Health for access to a wide range of heart-related services and treatments that can be tailored to your specific needs, including:
- Ablation, including cryoablation (cold-based) and radiofrequency ablation (RFA, heat-based) options for heart rhythm disorders
- Absorb stent is made of a naturally dissolving material, similar to dissolving suture, for the treatment of coronary artery disease
- Cardiac assist devices such as pacemakers, implantable cardioverter defibrillators or cardiac resynchronization
- Cardiothoracic surgery, including CABG, OPCAB, MIDCAB and valve repair or replacement
- Coronary angioplasty – Quickly opens blocked arteries
- Electrophysiology (EP) studies – Check your heart’s electrical system
- Heart and vascular diagnosis and testing – Evaluates your condition and risks
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) - non-surgical replacement of the aortic valve in your heart
- Transcatheter procedures– Repair structural heart disease and heart conditions present at birth (congenital)
- Atrial septal defect (ASD)
- Patent foramen ovale (PFO)
- Ventricular septal defect (VSD)
- Watchman Implant, for patients with atrial fibrillation who need an alternative to long-term blood thinning medication because of bleeding risks
Meet Our Heart & Vascular Doctors
The Heart and Vascular Center at Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital is a nationally recognized regional destination for cardiovascular expertise and medical management of complex heart and vascular conditions.
The Meet the Doctors seminars give you an opportunity to learn about conditions of the heart and the latest treatment options. The healthy conversations include a 45-minute presentation by a physician, followed by ample time for questions.
The session is free. Please register in advance by calling us at 1-844-51-HEART.