Hand, Arm & Shoulder Care
Take the Next Step
Find out what you need to know about care and treatment for your bones and joints at Cottage Center for Orthopedics. Meet our expert team, make an appointment or talk with our orthopedic care center by calling toll-free: 1-855-366-7246.
Regardless of your age or occupation, your hands, arms or shoulders play a key part in your success. An injury or problem with your upper extremities can affect your ability to perform everyday tasks.
Conditions We Treat
Choose Cottage Health when you need expert care for a broad range of conditions affecting the hands, arms or shoulders, including:
- Arthritis – Wear and tear on bones and joints in the upper extremities
- Bursitis – Inflammation of thin sacs that lie between bones and soft tissue near a joint
- Carpal tunnel syndrome – Compression of a nerve as it passes through the wrist that can result in numbness in the fingers
- Dislocations or separations – Joints that have moved out of place
- Disorders or injuries to the fingers, including trigger finger
- Dupuytren’s disease – Profound finger contracture from shortening of tissue in the palm of the hand
- Fractures – Broken bones
- Infections and lacerations
- Rheumatoid arthritis – Chronic inflammation of joints
- Rotator cuff injuries – Tears, overuse or irritation in the shoulder muscles
- Sprains and strains – Torn or damaged ligaments in a joint
- Tendinitis – Irritation from overuse, traumatic or repetitive injury; includes “tennis elbow”
Services We Offer
At Cottage Center for Orthopedics, you’ll find specialists who focus on caring for your hands, arms and shoulders and who work with you to achieve the best possible outcome. To address your specific situation, you and your care team may take advantage of Cottage Health orthopedic services such as:
- Advanced imaging for diagnosis and treatment
- Children’s orthopedic care, including a wide range of options for congenital conditions, pediatric sports injuries and trauma care—from simple fractures to complex injuries—all delivered in a family-centered environment
- Joint replacement or joint fusion for shoulders, wrists, fingers and other joints
- Orthopedic rehabilitation for both inpatients and outpatients
- Orthopedic surgery, including tendon transfer, ligament reconstruction or biceps repair, for conditions other than joint replacement
- Orthopedic wellness options and free classes to help you live well with the bones and joints you have
- Physical therapy, exercise and manual manipulation to improve flexibility and function
- Pain management for noninvasive care
Top-Notch Care for Your Upper Extremities
Patient-centered care for your hands, arms and shoulders at Cottage Health means you and our board-certified, fellowship-trained and nationally recognized orthopedic physicians and surgeons work together.
- You and your doctor develop an individual plan of care from discussions of your needs and wants, as well as your diagnosis and options for treatment—starting with the least invasive approaches and taking advantage of the latest technology when it’s appropriate.
- You have fast access to our specialists when an injury or situation demands attention right away, and you’ll find it easy to schedule appointments for follow-up or ongoing care.
- You also benefit from the long-term relationship with Cottage Health orthopedic specialists—who serve as the primary source of care for your musculoskeletal system. We know you and your personal history, and we help you keep your bones and joints healthy over your entire lifetime.
Learn more about bone, joint and muscle health in our online Health Library.
Take the Next Step
Meet our affiliated physicians, make an appointment and take the next step toward orthopedic treatment at Cottage Center for Orthopedics. Call our care coordinator toll-free at 1-855-3-NO-PAIN.