For more information, call the Cottage Pulmonary Hypertension Center at 805-898-8840.
Whether you experience a short-term respiratory illness or a chronic lung condition, find high-quality, personalized care at Cottage Health. The team of board-certified physicians have expertise in pulmonary disease, critical care medicine and internal medicine, to provide comprehensive care to help you achieve and maintain your optimal health.
Conditions We Treat
Choose Cottage Health for a wide range of pulmonary and respiratory conditions, including:
- Asthma – Sensitive, swollen airways
- Bronchitis – Irritated, swollen airways that cause mucus and coughing
- Bronchiectasis – Destruction and widening of the airways
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) – Damage to the lungs that makes breathing difficult
- Chronic cough
- Difficulty breathing
- Cystic fibrosis – Genetic disorder that causes a buildup of thick, sticky mucus in the lungs
- Emphysema – Damaged alveoli (air sacks) in the lungs
- Lung cancer
- Pulmonary Hypertension (PH); High blood pressure in the arteries to your lungs
- Respiratory and lung injuries, such as those resulting from burns or accidents
- Respiratory and lung infections
Services & Treatments We Offer
Take advantage of services and treatments at Cottage Health that incorporate the latest advanced medical technology, including:
- Arterial blood gas analysis – Evaluates lung function by measuring blood pH (acidity), and oxygen and carbon dioxide levels
- Bronchoscopy – Allows examination of your airways with a thin, flexible, lighted tube; may also be used to remove small tissue samples or foreign objects from the airway
- Cardiopulmonary exercise test (CPET) – Assesses your lung and heart function while you walk on a treadmill
- Chest imaging – Reveals abnormalities to assist with diagnosing a respiratory condition
- Lung surgery – Repairs or removes lung tissue
- Pulmonary education program – Helps you understand your care plan, and how develop healthful eating habits and control your breathing
- Pulmonary function tests (PFTs) – Check to see how well your lungs work
- Respiratory therapy – Helps you get the air you need
- Sputum culture – Detects infection in your airways by examining mucus samples in a laboratory
- Smoking cessation program
- Sweat chloride test – Measures the amount of chloride in your sweat to diagnose or rule out CF
Get Help to Stop Smoking
If you’re a smoker, the best thing you can do for your lungs—and your overall health—is to quit smoking. Cottage Health will help you find the support you need to say goodbye to cigarettes for good.
Cottage Health Smoking Cessation Program
Cottage Health’s Smoking Cessation Program, an intensive seven-session program, emphasizes behavior changes as well as improved nutrition and self-esteem. Call 855-247-9355 for more information or to register.
California Smokers’ Helpline
Get free one-on-one telephone counseling, self-help materials, online assistance and even supportive text messages from the California Smokers’ Helpline, operated by the University of California San Diego Moores Cancer Center. Call 800-NO-BUTTS (800-662-8887).
Santa Barbara County Resources
Help yourself quit smoking with comprehensive information about services available in Santa Barbara County. Download our brochure, Breathe Well: Get The Help You Need to Quit Smoking [PDF].