Spiced Sweet Potato Casserole
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup)
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Place potatoes in oven and bake for 1 hour or until tender. Let cool.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp into a large bowl. Discard skins. Add sugar and next 5 ingredients (sugar through nutmeg), and beat with a mixer at low speed until combined. Add eggs; beat until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into a 1 1/2-quart baking dish; sprinkle with pecans. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Amount per serving: Calories 220, Fat 7 g, Protein 3.8 g, Carbohydrate 36.8 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Cholesterol 61 mg Iron 1.1 mg, Sodium 206 mg, Calcium 53