Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital - Free Nutrition & Diabetes Education
The community is invited to attend free nutrition and diabetes education classes this autumn at Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital, 2050 Viborg Road in Solvang. The classes encourage and support healthy eating habits and diabetes management for all ages and are held in the hospital’s conference room (enter through the Physicians Clinic).
Led by Clinical Dietitian Stacey Bailey who remarked, “People have so many concerns about food types, preparation, diets and supplements. Please join me as I share some tips during these informal, free classes.” No RSVP is required and participants can bring their own lunch to eat during the class.
Bailey joined Cottage Health as clinical dietitian in August 2011. She provides both inpatient and outpatient dietary management and counseling services, as well as assists in the formulation of meal and menu planning specifically for Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital. One-on-one nutrition sessions with Bailey are also available with a doctor’s referral.
For more information, please contact Bailey directly at 805-694-2351.
Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital Free Nutrition & Diabetes Class Schedule for Autumn 2017
- Friday, September 1, 2017 from 12 to 1 p.m. – Artificial Sweeteners Controversy
- Friday, September 8, 2017 from 12 to 1 p.m. – Fats & Oils: Facts & Fictions
- Monday, September 11, 2017 from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Carbohydrate Counting for Diabetics
- Friday, September 15, 2017 from 12 to 1 p.m. – Eat Right for Your Blood Type?
- Friday, September 22, 2017 from 12 to 1 p.m. – Happy Autumn Eating
- Monday, September 25, 2017 from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Diabetes Management Options
- Friday, September 29, 2017 from 12 to 1 p.m. – Water & Your Body - What’s the Big Deal?
- Monday, October 2, 2017 from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Diabetes Medications
- Monday, October 9, 2017 from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Diabetes and Exercise
- Friday, October 13, 2017 from 12 to 1 p.m. – Sleep & Health Connections
- Friday, October 20, 2017 from 12 to 1 p.m. – Dairy vs. Plant Milks
Friday, October 27, 2017 from 12 to 1 p.m. – Sugar Blues (Just in time for Halloween!)
According to SYVCH Vice President Wende Cappetta, “We are delighted to be able to offer these free, educational and fun classes taught by our popular clinical dietitian Stacey Bailey. We encourage everyone to take this opportunity to learn how to achieve improved health and wellness with better food choices.”