Free Nutrition & Diabetes Education Classes in November & December 2018
With Clinical Dietitian Stacey Bailey at Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital
The community is invited to attend free nutrition and diabetes education classes during November and December 2018 at Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital, 2050 Viborg Road in Solvang.
Stacey Bailey, SYVCH Clinical Dietitian
Led by SYVCH Clinical Dietitian Stacey Bailey, the classes encourage and support healthy eating habits and diabetes management for all ages and are held in the hospital’s conference room (enter through the Physicians’ Clinic). No RSVP is required and participants can bring their own lunch to eat during the class.
Bailey joined Cottage Health in August 2011 and provides both inpatient and outpatient dietary management and counseling services, as well as assists in the formulation of meal and menu planning specifically for Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital.
One-on-one nutrition sessions with Bailey are also available with a doctor’s referral. For more information, please contact Bailey directly at 805-694-2351.
Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital Free Nutrition & Diabetes Education Classes
For November & December 2018:
- Friday, November 2 - 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. - What are Blue Zones?
- Monday, November 5 - 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. - Carbohydrate Counting for Diabetics
- Friday, November 9 - 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. - Healthy Holiday Eating Habits
- Monday, November 12 - 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. - Conquering Diabetes Complications
- Friday, November 16 - 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. - Grocery Store Tour #2
- Monday, November 19 - 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. - Diabetes Management Options
- Monday, November 26 - 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. - Diabetes & Exercise
- Friday, November 30 - 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. - Food Label Deciphering
- Friday, December 7 - 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. - Making Sense of the Mediterranean Diet
- Friday, December 14 - 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. - How to Read “Nutrition Facts” Labels
- Friday, December 21 - 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. - Healthful Holiday Treats, Really!