Free Health Fair Sponsored by Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital
37th Annual Public Event Offers Free Flu Shots, Health Screenings and More at Santa Ynez Valley Marriott Hotel
The public is invited to the 37th annual Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital (SYVCH) Free Health Fair on Saturday, October 5, 2019, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Santa Ynez Valley Marriott Hotel, 555 McMurray Road in Buellton. The SYVCH free health fair features popular offerings:
- Free seasonal flu shots (first-come, first-vaccinated for those 18 and older and not pregnant)
- Free osteoporosis screenings using advanced ultrasound technology (first-come, first-tested; includes results print-out)
- Free total cholesterol and glucose screenings (no fasting required using special finger stick; available to first 150 attendees)
- Free blood pressure checks
- Meet SYVCH Auxiliary’s certified Pet Therapy dogs and their handlers
- Hands-only CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation) demonstrations by certified instructors
- Children & Adult Safety Helmets professionally fitted for only $10 and for sale ($40-70 value)
All ages are encouraged to discover more than 35 exhibitors and display booths, receive free information about SYVCH departments including Advanced Imaging, Nutrition, Surgical Services, Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation, Physicians Clinic, and learn about other services offered at the hospital, located at 2050 Viborg Road in Solvang.
New this year is a demonstration by Cottage Health Trauma Services on “Stop the Bleed,” a nationwide effort to teach civilians how to stop uncontrolled bleeding and save lives during emergency situations.
Wende Cappetta, Vice President of SYVCH stated that, “Uncontrolled bleeding is recognized as the number one cause of preventable death from trauma so we are pleased to offer “Stop the Bleed” info to the community during our popular, annual free health fair.”
Free refreshments are served throughout the Health Fair. Plus, attendees can register and be present to win prize drawings of 30 gift bags filled with healthy, fun items given away every half hour throughout the event
The SYVCH Health Fair is staffed by hospital team members, volunteers from the hospital’s Auxiliary and the SYVCH Foundation Board of Directors; all coordinated and hosted by Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital Foundation.