Looking for a new heart-healthy recipe this holiday season? Stacey Bailey, Cottage Health’s Clinical Dietitian shares a recipe for a delicious winter dish, Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Goat Cheese & Pomegranate is a perfect choice for either a casual dinner or a dish to serve over the holidays.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 large shallot, sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2-3 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Toss Brussels sprouts with shallot, oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Spread on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast the Brussels sprouts until tender for 20-22 minutes. Return to the bowl and toss with vinegar to taste. Sprinkle with goat cheese and pomegranate seeds.