Sautéed Salmon with Citrus Salsa
This quick and delicious salmon dish offers a tart, bright citrus topper. Recipe serves two or could be doubled to serve four.
Serving size: 1 salmon fillet and about 1/3 cup salsa.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 (6-oz.) salmon fillets, skinned
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grapefruit sections
- 1/2 cup orange sections
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
How to Make It
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle fillets evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add fillets to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
Combine remaining 2 teaspoons oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, grapefruit sections, and remaining ingredients in a bowl; toss. Spoon grapefruit mixture evenly over fillets.
- Calories 365
- Fat 16.8g
- Satfat 3g
- Monofat 8.6g
- Polyfat 4g
- Protein 38g
- Carbohydrate 15g
- Fiber 3g
- Cholesterol 90mg
- Iron 2mg
- Sodium 567mg
- Calcium 63mg
- Sugars 10g