A National Leader in Hospital Care
Quality Awards and Designations
Newsweek - Best Hospitals
- Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital named to Newsweek’s annual list of World’s Best Hospitals for 2020
Fortune – Best Places to Work
- Best Places to Work in Health Care 2021 by Fortune & Great Place to Work
The Joint Commission is a global driver of quality improvement and patient safety in healthcare.
- Advanced Certification for Comprehensive Stroke Centers from The Joint Commission
- Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement from The Joint Commission
- Joint Commission Sepsis Certification
- Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval for Wound Care and Treatment Center of Distinction Award at Ridley-Tree Center of Wound Management
National Rural Health Association
- 2021 Top 20 Best Practices in Patient Satisfaction designation, National Rural Health Association (Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital)
We measure patient experience through surveys that are independently administered. All of the indicators or safe practices included in the survey are validated and defined so that all hospitals can use the same methods for calculating the statistics. This process promotes transparency in reporting and allows the public to make comparisons based on credible data.
Our patients consistently rank all Cottage hospitals significantly higher than both state and national benchmarks for patient satisfaction.
Hospital Compare was established in 2002 by Medicare and the Hospital Quality Alliance, a public-private collaborative aiming to improve hospital quality. It compiles data using:
- Core measures
- Patient satisfaction scores (from HCAHPS—Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems)
- Mortality and readmission rates, and
- Complication rates.
Cal Hospital Compare is a non-commercial performance reporting initiative supported by a grant from the California Healthcare Foundation. It uses publicly reported quality data for every hospital.