Cost of Care Estimates
For a customized estimate, please contact our Patient Estimates Team at 805-879-8909 or via email at CottageEstimates@sbch.org. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
At Cottage Health we wish to support our patients by providing resources to assist with cost of care questions. We are proud to be recognized for “Five Star” high-quality care by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and we want to help you access services and receive the quality care you need.
Customized estimates are available to help you predict your out-of-pocket cost for care. To best serve you, estimates are offered via self-service or with the assistance of our Patient Estimates Team:
To ensure the highest level of accuracy in producing your estimate, please provide the following information when making your request:
- Description of Services: The CPT procedure code, which can be obtained from your referring physician, and a description of the medical service(s) you are seeking.
- Insurance Information: Estimates may be quoted with or without insurance. When using insurance in the estimate calculation, your deductible, co-insurance and out-of-pocket maximum contributions will be factored into the estimate. If you wish to use insurance, please provide:
- Your insurance name, such as Blue Cross, Medicare, CenCal, etc.
- Type of insurance, such as PPO or HMO
- Subscriber name
- Identification Number found on your insurance card
- Patient name
- Patient’s date of birth
The pricing information provided is a best estimate based upon the information we currently have available at the time of the request and is not a guarantee of final charges.
Many factors impact the final charges billed for your services. Variables include the length of time spent in surgery or recovery, specific equipment used, supplies and medications required, additional tests ordered by the physician, or any special care that may be required during the course of the service.
Interest free payment plans are available and can be established even prior to your service. We also offer a generous financial assistance program. More information regarding financial assistance can be accessed at www.cottagehealth.org/FAP.
For detailed information regarding standard pricing, you may refer to our list of costs file, supply pricing file, and pharmaceutical pricing file. Prices listed are effective as of January 1, 2019 and actual charges may vary. These prices do not reflect contractually negotiated rates for insurance companies or rates for individuals without insurance. For this reason, these prices are not intended to serve as an estimation tool to determine the out of pocket costs associated with our services. Please instead contact our Patient Estimates Team at CottageEstimates@sbch.org.
We look forward to serving you.