Benefits and Compensation
At Cottage Health, we are proud of our generous Total Rewards package. We offer benefit programs that help us hire the best people.
Our benefits program is called Choices…for Health…for Wealth…for Life. We take great pride in continuously evaluating our Choices program to offer the most competitive benefits in the health care industry.
We offer employees excellent traditional benefit plans like medical, dental, life insurance, and disability coverage, along with a leading-edge Wellness Program of health improvement opportunities. The program provides tools that allow you to bring the same attention to your health that Cottage Health does to the health of our patients.
Explore what Cottage Health offers and be rewarded for your efforts.
Cottage Health is committed to competitive pay for its employees. Each job is evaluated annually to ensure a market-competitive pay range – this is a leading practice in our industry and reinforces Cottage’s commitment to its employees. We rely on the contributions, creativity and skills of our remarkable staff—and our compensation reflects the value we place on finding the best team members.
For certain eligible positions, we offer competitive sign-on bonuses, relocation assistance and rental assistance to help you.
For employees in eligible positions, we offer special incentive and pay programs:
- On-call and call back pay
- Night Shift differential pay
- Holiday premium pay
- Charge pay
- Float differential for floating to another facility
Our generous benefit programs are consistently ranked positively by our employees. We offer a wide array of core benefits to full-time and eligible part-time employees.
Complete List of Benefits
Complete List of Benefits
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (CH-paid)
- Basic Long-Term Disability Insurance covering up to 60% of pre-disability pay (CH-paid)
- Certification Bonus ($1,000 first time and $500 for each renewal)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Cottage Virtual Care
- Dental Insurance
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Education Assistance Program for Nursing and Advanced degrees
- Long-Term Sick Leave (for illnesses greater than 24 hours)
- Medical, prescription drug and vision Insurance
- Care@Work – Cottage Health subsidized emergency care
- Mortgage Assistance Program (MAP) – to assist first time homebuyers
- Onsite childcare at Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital (limited availability)
- Paid Time Off
- Legal Insurance
- SBCH Parking Cash-Out Incentive
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Emergency Travel assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- AFLAC – supplemental medical insurance
- Opportunity to purchase Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment for you and your family
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Wellness program which includes the ability to earn up to $550 each year for various wellness activities
- Workforce Housing—Bella Riviera (full-time employees only and based on eligibility and availability). A unique opportunity to own an affordable townhome while employed with Cottage
Benefits Available to All Employees Include:
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Care.com – resources for childcare, elder care, tutoring, etc.
- CH Commuter Program – discounted bus passes and subsidies for vanpooling
- CH-sponsored events – We enjoy the comradery of bringing everyone together. Events include an annual family picnic, employee service award dinner and holiday parties.
- Coastal Housing Partnership Membership – provides benefits towards purchasing a home, including discounts on realtor and financing fees.
- Discount tickets
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – mental health counseling for you and your family
- Everyday Heroes—A way of showing appreciation to colleagues who go above and beyond.
- Free onsite yoga and fitness classes
- Onsite seated massage subsidized by Cottage
- Pet Insurance
- Retirement Programs
- SBCH employee pharmacy discount
Employee Benefits Summary
Learn more about our Choices…for Health…for Wealth…for Life benefit programs.
Additional Benefits and Special Programs
Innovative Benefits and Perks
At Cottage Health, you’ll be part of a leading health care organization focused on serving through community for more than 130 years. We continuously evaluate our benefits to ensure they are competitive. We offer innovative programs including:
- Pet insurance
- A partnership with Care.com to support family care needs including work-related backup care assistance for child, elder and adult care
- Cottage Health Commuter Program to encourage green transportation to work
- Sponsored employee events
- Employee Discount Program for tickets to events and attractions
- Travel assistance and more
- Onsite childcare (limited availability)
- Bella Riviera workforce housing (limited availability)
Living Moments: Ashleigh
Ashleigh’s journey at Cottage Health has come full-circle. A one-time student at Orfalea Children’s Center at Cottage Health, Ashleigh now serves as the Center’s Supervisor.
Life Where You Love It
We help employees prepare for a sound financial future through our MyFuture Retirement Program. The MyFuture Retirement Program is made up of two plans—the MyFuture Retirement Plan and the MyFuture 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan. These plans are designed to assist you with incentives to save and an employer contribution. In addition, we offer on-site opportunities to meet with a representative from Fidelity Investments to discuss your options and ensure you are on track to meeting your goals.
Cottage Health employees also have an opportunity to save money for their children’s college education on a tax-advantaged basis through a 529 College Savings Plan.
Employees who complete one year as a regular full-time or part-time employee may be eligible for the Cottage Health Mortgage Assistance Program (MAP). The MAP offers qualified home buyers assistance to help purchase a single-family residence.
Your Choices for Health Wellness Program
Practicing healthy habits is an investment in your future and Cottage Health’s Choices for Health Wellness Program rewards you and your covered spouse or domestic partner for participating with wellness dollars.
Cottage Health also offers:
- Free onsite fitness and yoga classes
- Onsite seated massage
- Health assessments through the Wellness Program
- A location like no other offering endless opportunities for wellness such as year-round hiking, surfing, walking, exploring and healthy culinary options at Cottage Health and in the community
Leave and Time Off
A Focus on Balance
Cottage Health recognizes the importance of time to rejuvenate and provides time away for family and personal needs. Through a generous paid time off (PTO) plan, employees begin accruing PTO as of their date of hire and are eligible to use those hours after an introductory period of 30 days.
PTO is combined in one account, which you can use for vacation, holidays, religious observations, short-term illness and other absences. The amount of PTO you accrue for the year depends on the hours you work each pay period as well as your years of service.
Employee Assistance Program
Assistance When You Need It Most
The Cottage Health Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a service for employees and their immediate family members, domestic partners and significant others. The EAP provides easy, free confidential access to professional counselors trained to help with a variety of personal or family problems.
Employees can receive short-term counseling and assessment and referral services of up to four sessions. Male, female and bilingual therapists are available.