Children's Digestive Health
To contact Cottage Children's Medical Center, and the Grotenhuis Pediatric Clinics, please call 805-879-4240, or ask your primary care provider for a referral.
Disorders of the digestive system can be some of the most painful—and potentially frightening—health conditions for children. That’s why you’ll want to work with the pediatric gastroenterology specialists and care teams at Cottage Children's Medical Center who understand the special issues related to children’s digestive health.
Conditions We Treat
At Cottage Children's Medical Center, you’ll find comprehensive consultation services and care for children with gastrointestinal (GI), nutritional and liver disorders, including:
Pediatric Digestive Health Services at Cottage
Among the many tests, treatments and services at Cottage Children's Medical Center for digestive- and nutrition-related conditions in children, you’ll find:
- Bowel Management Clinic
- EGD (esophagogastroduodenoscopy) and EGD with colonoscopy
- Feeding tube (T-tube) installation and training
- Manometry (esophageal, genitorectal, anorectal)
- Nutrition and dietary approaches from Cottage Health clinical and culinary certified and registered dietitians (RDs)
- Pediatric pharmacist on staff to provide the proper dosage levels for children’s medications
- Remicade® infusion for symptom management
- Social work services to help your family find important support resources
Designated Special Care Center (SCC)
The Gastroenterology and Nutrition Clinic at Cottage Health holds the designation of Special Care Center (SCC) from the state of California. That means children with acute and chronic conditions can receive comprehensive care—covered by California’s Children’s Services—close to home. Not only can you continue working with your local doctor, but you also benefit from easy access to top-quality treatment, urgent care and follow-up services for complex conditions, all without the need to travel long distances to out-of-area facilities.