Comprehensive Therapy Services for Children
Pediatric Therapy Services
To fax outpatient referrals:
Children and families benefit from receiving consistent, experienced, evidence based care as close to home as possible. That’s exactly what you’ll get when you choose the extensive children’s health care services at Cottage Children’s Medical Center on California’s Central Coast.
Cottage Health physical and occupational therapists participate in the assessment and clinical recommendations for the following outpatient specialty physician clinics:
- High Risk Infant Follow-Up
- Adolescent Bariatric Medicine
- Cystic Fibrosis
Physical Therapy with specialties in torticollis, plagiocephaly, developmental and orthopedic conditions, constipation and incontinence of bowel and bladder.
Speech Language Pathology evaluations for swallowing abnormalities.
Occupational Therapy for feeding difficulty and dysphagia, including:
- Growth concerns due to decreased caloric intake
- Oral motor delay including cough or gagging with feeding
- Aid in transition from tube feedings to liquid and solid feedings\Transitions from breast or bottle feeding to solid food
For developmental and sensory processing conditions, the health care team will work with physicians at Cottage Children’s Medical Center to connect children with appropriate community and county resources, including California Children’s Services (CCS) and the Tri-Counties Regional Center as indicated.
Inpatient Therapy Services
Cottage Children’s Medical Center offers inpatient Pediatric Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Language Pathology services by physician referral.
Therapy professionals are part of the multidisciplinary child care team. Their many years of experience and compassionate service mean pediatric patients receive personalized care designed for each child.
At Cottage Children’s Medical Center, therapy professionals offer the following highly-specialized services for hospitalized pediatric patients in Acute Pediatrics, the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) and the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU):
- Developmental assessments and intervention
- Functional movement and self-care training after injury
- Feeding and swallowing assessment and intervention
- Speech, language and cognitive intervention
- Equipment assessment and recommendations
- Family and caregiver education
- Discharge recommendations for home and community therapy
Cottage Children’s Medical Center is a proud member of the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals alliance of 170 premier children’s hospitals across the U.S. and Canada.