A Matter of Balance
Do you have concerns about falling? Many older adults restrict their activities out of fear of falling. A Matter of Balance is an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels. This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls.
Classes offered either twice a week for 4 weeks or once a week for 8 weeks.
You Will Learn To:
- View falls as controllable
- Set goals for increasing activity
- Make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- Exercise to increase strength and balance
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone concerned about falls
- Anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
- Anyone who has fallen in the past
- Anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
This program was recognized for Innovation and Quality in Healthcare and Aging, 2006, American Society on Aging.