Youth Adapted Open Swim
For children and teens with physical and/or cognitive impairments.
The Tuohy Foundation Aquatic Center features an outdoor warm-water (92°) environment that is excellent for swim lessons.
- Shallow area: 3’ 6”; Deep area: 6’ 6”
- Pool shade cover for sun protection
- Access: stairs, swim lift, tier transfer bench
- Sanitized with chlorine and CO2
- Wheelchair-accessible locker rooms (men’s, women’s, and family changing rooms) and showers
Requirements for Participation:
- All swimmers must be continent, swim diapers are not permitted
- Minimum age 5 years old
- Parent/guardian or caregiver must be present on pool deck or assisting the child in the water as needed
- One parent, caregiver or sibling (over age 13) may play with independent child in water if space permits
Instruction provided in this class is for informational use only and should not be considered medical advice. Any specific medical questions should be directed to your personal physician.