9th Oncology Nursing Symposium
presented by Cottage Health
Friday, September 13, 2019 - Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort
The Cottage Health Oncology Nursing Symposium is designed to meet the educational needs of nurses and other healthcare professionals interested in expanding their knowledge in the field of oncology.
Symposium speakers are specialists in the field of oncology and patient care. Our Adult Oncology Unit is dedicated to providing quality care for the cancer patient. Our nurses and staff strive to create a comfortable, healing environment that meets the specific needs of each patient.
Dennis Slamon, MD, Professor of Medicine, Chief Division of Hematology/Oncology, Director, Clinical/Transitional Research, Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
Other Topics Include:
- HER2 Inhibitors
- Immunotherapy: Treatments and Reactions
- The Opioid Crisis
- Cancer and Sexuality
- When the RN becomes the Patient
- Leadership in the Nursing World
Other Speakers Include:
- Daniel Greenwald, MD, Ridley-Tree Cancer Center
- Noah Stites-Hallett, MD, Anesthesia Medical Group of Santa Barbara
- Lindsay Norris, RN, Stage 3 Colorectal Cancer Survivor and Oncology Nurse
- Michele Mollkoy, Change Management Consultant, Cottage Health
- Hangama Abassi, NP, OCN, Ridley-Tree Cancer Center and Cottage Health
- Josephine Sasu-Tenkoramaa, PharmD, BCOP, Pharmacist Specialist – Hematology/Oncology, Cottage Health
Provider approved for 7.75 contact hours by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #00252.