GETTING A VACCINE APPOINTMENT
When are the vaccine clinics?
Cottage Health vaccines clinics are scheduled weekly. Click cottagehealth.org/myvaccine to find an appointment.
Who can get the vaccine now?
- Everyone age 12 and over is now eligible.
- Pfizer is the only vaccine authorized for those age 12-17, and parent/guardian consent is required. Parent/guardian should accompany minor to the appointment or provide this signed consent form for a designated adult to accompany their child.
Consent Form for Minors
Formulario de Consentimiento Para Menores
Pfizer EUA Fact Sheet
How will I know when appointments open?
Visit cottagehealth.org/myvaccine to schedule your vaccine with Cottage.
Go to My Turn providers to find appointments offered at additional locations.
How do I sign up if I don’t have a computer?
For an appointment with Cottage, call the Cottage Health COVID-19 Vaccine Call Center at 805-678-7016 or 800-756-5510 (8am-4:30pm). After hours, please leave a voicemail.
For appointments from other providers, call the California COVID-19 Hotline at 1-833-422-4255 (M-F 8am-8pm, Sa-Su 8am-5pm).
Appointments are not required. Walk-ins are welcome.
Do I need an appointment?
No, you do not need an appointment to receive vaccine. Walk-ins are welcome.
CONFIRMING AN APPOINTMENT
Will I receive confirmation once I schedule an appointment?
Once you complete your appointment reservation, an email confirmation will be sent.
Please note: If you opted out/unsubscribed from receiving Cottage Health emails in the past, we will be unable to contact you at the email address you unsubscribed. You may provide a different email address when scheduling your appointment to ensure quickest receipt of vaccine messages.
CANCELING AN APPOINTMENT OR SCHEDULING FOR SOMEONE ELSE
What if I need to cancel an appointment?
After registering, if you need to cancel your appointment for any reason, use your Cottage MyChart account or call our COVID-19 Vaccine Call Center at 805-678-7016 or 800-756-5510 (8am-4:30pm). If calling after hours, please leave a voicemail with your full name and appointment time.
Please cancel if you feel sick on your scheduled date.
WHICH VACCINE WILL BE USED?
Which COVID-19 vaccine will I receive from Cottage?
Cottage is currently administering Pfizer vaccine. At the clinic site, you will receive a vaccination record card listing the type of vaccine you receive.
Can I mix vaccines?
For the Pfizer and Moderna two-dose vaccines, it is important that your first and second doses are from the same company. (i.e., You should receive both doses of Pfizer, or both doses Moderna). The Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccine is a single dose.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
Where is Cottage Health’s vaccine clinic?
Details on location and a pre-appointment checklist will be sent with your appointment confirmation.
Cottage Health is offering vaccinations at:
Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital
Hollipat Center Drive
(parking lot at the corner of Patterson and Hollister Avenue)
Goleta, CA 93111
What do I need to bring to my appointment?
Please wear short sleeves.
Wear a face mask over your mouth AND nose.
Bring a current photo ID to verify age, and your insurance card if you have health insurance.
You will be asked to complete patient information forms when you arrive.
Minors age 12-17 may receive only Pfizer vaccine and must be accompanied by adult to provide parent/guardian consent. Please complete and sign this consent form if a designated adult other than parent/guardian will accompany child.
Consent Form for Minors
Formulario de Consentimiento Para Menores
Pfizer EUA Fact Sheet
Be prepared to remain at the clinic for your vaccination and for a 15-30 minute observation period after receiving your vaccine.
Do I need to have Cottage MyChart account?
A Cottage Health MyChart account is not required when making a vaccine appointment, but it may be helpful to you.
Cottage Health MyChart gives you access to your medical records, lab results, and quicker registration and appointment check in.
Now is a good time to sign up or ensure your login information is current. Visit www.cottagehealth.org/mychart to log in. If you have forgotten your username or password please click on the “Forgot Username” or “Forgot Password” buttons.
Should I take the vaccine if I’ve had COVID?
It depends on when you recovered. If you had COVID in the past three months, you may not need the vaccine until after three months from recovery. Please check with your medical provider.
Should I take the vaccine if I have allergies?
Please consult a physician for medical advice specific to your medical history.
As a precaution, individuals at the vaccine clinic will be monitored by the Cottage Health clinical team for 15-30 minutes after vaccination.
Should I take the vaccine if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
Please consult a physician for medical advice if you have questions on whether the vaccine is right for you.
An FAQ sheet on safety of vaccine during pregnancy is available at the California Department of Public Health website.
IS THERE A COST FOR VACCINE?
Is there a cost for vaccine?
There is no charge for the COVID-19 vaccine.
Insurance is not required to receive vaccine.
If you do have insurance, bring your card to your appointment. Your insurance company may be billed for vaccine administration, but there will be no cost to you.
If you receive the COVID-19 vaccine during a hospital stay or a clinical care visit for reasons other than the vaccination, you may be charged for the hospital or clinical care visit.
If you receive an EOB (explanation of benefits) summary from your insurer and have any questions, please call your insurer or contact Cottage Health’s financial assistance team: 805-695-2518 or 844-711-9263.
SECOND DOSE APPOINTMENTS
How will I sign up for a second dose?
If you receive Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, information on second dose scheduling will be provided at your first dose appointment.
If you receive the vaccine at Cottage’s drive-up clinic, your second dose appointment time is written on the back of your COVID-19 Vaccination Record card.
The second dose of Pfizer vaccine should be scheduled approximately 3-6 weeks after the first dose (no earlier than 17 days).
Please call the Cottage Health COVID-19 Vaccine Call Center at 805-678-7016 or 800-756-5510 if you need assistance scheduling your second dose.
MORE OPTIONS AND UPDATES
Cottage Health is providing ongoing care for our community and has isolation precautions in place for COVID-19 and other respiratory illnesses.
- Overall Health and Well-Being - A listing of articles & resources from Cottage Health and community partners.
- Mental Health Resources for Children and Families - The emotional impacts of COVID-19 are impacting many children, teens, and families. This can increase stress and lead to anxiety or depression.
- Managing Coronavirus Anxiety - While COVID-19 should be taken seriously, there are ways to manage the anxieties and fears surrounding it.
- Mental Health Resources - The emotional impacts of COVID-19 may be impacting you. We are living in new norms of social distancing, isolation and societal changes. This can increase stress and lead to anxiety or depression.
- Healthy Coping During Isolation - Paul Erickson, MD, Medical Director of Psychiatry & Addiction Services at Cottage Health, provides tips on stress management.
- Resources for Caretakers - Materials to Help Children of All Ages Cope with COVID-19
- Staying Emotionally Fit - Having tools to manage isolation and stay healthy both emotionally and physically are essential through this time of being quarantined.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics Advises Parents Experiencing Stress over COVID-19 - Academy recommends parents seek help for themselves, and use positive discipline techniques like time outs, redirection and reinforcement of good behaviors.
- Parents Guide to Injury Prevention - Tips for keeping your kids safe at home
- Birth Center - Frequently Asked Questions During COVID-19 Precautions - Cottage Health is committed to providing a safe and comfortable birth experience to protect you and your baby.
- Breastfeeding Your Baby Amidst COVID-19 Precautions - Not only is it safe to breastfeed your baby, it is recommended.
- Virtual Birth Center Tour - Take a brief tour of the Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital Birth Center and receive important information on what to expect during your stay with us.
- Free Online Resources for Families During Quarantine - Free online experiences for you and your family to share during quarantine.
- Children and Coronavirus - Tips to keep children healthy while school’s out.
The CDC offers a guide on effective mask practices. Updated 4/6/21
California’s existing face mask guidance remains in effect until June 15, 2021
Face Mask Guidance
CDPH Crisis Care
CDPH Crisis Care Guidelines
Cottage Health is responding to the ongoing and surging COVID-19 pandemic. Our care continuum plan for surge operations and crisis care during public emergency is guided California Department of Public Health’s framework on best practices, ethical principles and commitment to equity in care.
Crisis Care Guidelines