Cottage Transfer Center
24-Hour Transfer Center
Pediatric (non-trauma) transfers:
As part of Cottage's commitment to superior service, quality health care, and collaboration with our healthcare partners, the Cottage Transfer Center streamlines the referral and acceptance process for outside hospital referrals. It takes just one phone call to access all our services and highly qualified staff to support the patient's needs.
Organizations and providers seeking transfer can call the Center any time of day or night. Our Transfer Nurses will:
- facilitate the transfer process
- identify a receiving physician
- coordinate physician-to-physician phone consultation
- provide necessary transfer support
Medical services available include:
- Internal medicine
- Surgical services
- Cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery
- Neurology and neurosurgery
- Maxillofacial and oral surgery
- Vascular and pulmonary care
- Trauma services (call 1-888-518-8777)
- Pediatric services (non-trauma: call 805-569-8297)
On calling the Transfer Center:
- Please be prepared to provide the patient's basic demographic information and clinical reason for transfer.
- Transfer nurses may request additional triage and clinical screening information to help determine the level of care needed.
- Transfer nurses will identify receiving physician(s) and immediately arrange phone consultation.
- Patients should arrive at Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital with a complete copy of their medical records, including labs and diagnostic studies.
For more information about the Transfer Center, please call 1-877-247-2707.