Brian Steiner, MD
Born in Portland Oregon and raised across the river in Vancouver, Dr. Steiner is a member of the Pediatric Intensive Care medical team. He let us know that he has just completed the visit-every-state challenge!
Dr. Steiner attended Journalism School at Columbia University midway through medical school, and is our only faculty member to have published in The Atlantic! In his spare time, he enjoys writing, exercise, the wineries in Santa Ynez, and traveling to LA for the shows and art galleries.
Duke University School of Medicine
Pediatrics, New York University
Pediatric Critical Care, The University of Chicago
Selected Awards and Recognition
- Duke University School of Medicine Dean’s Award
- The Joseph Collins Foundation Scholarship for medical students showing promise in the Arts and Letters
Community Service/Quality Improvement/ Research
- Co-Chair of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Task Force, Cottage Hospital Medical Staff
- Community involvement and work in LGBT health and DEI/implicit bias.
- Volunteer for COVID Vaccine clinic as well as the Santa Barbara County Disaster Relief Medical Team
- Interested in research regarding implicit bias in the hospital setting