Katherine Chung, MD
A true (and rare!) Angelino, Dr. Chung was born and raised in Los Angeles, CA. She serves as Medical Director for the NICU. She balances her clinical responsibilities and research interests with outdoor activities and raising her three children.
To decompress, she is an avid endurance Pelotoner, and enjoys indoor rock climbing. To our knowledge, she is the only member of our faculty to have climbed Machu Picchu and Mt. Kilimanjaro!
- Medical School: Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Residency: University of California, Los Angeles
- Fellowship: University of California, Los Angeles, Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
Clinical Areas of Interest/Expertise
Neonatal early onset sepsis, very low birth weight infants, perinatal mood disorders, neonatal resuscitation.
Current Projects Include:
- Implementation of the Kaiser Sepsis Calculator to reduce laboratory draws, antibiotic usage, and NICU admissions
- Neuroprotective Strategies to Improve Neurodevelopmental Outcomes in Very Low Birthweight Infants
- An Evaluation of a Teletherapy Counseling Intervention for NICU Parents