Lori Brown, MD
Dr. Brown serves as a member of our pediatric hospitalist team, and leads our efforts in quality improvement in the newborn nursery.
In her spare time, Dr. Brown would describe herself as an avid runner who enjoys tennis, and who can’t wait to do some real traveling. But the most fun thing is that she is a rabid car enthusiast who spends a week every year in Carmel during the Concours de Elegance at Pebble Beach. She and her son restored a 1938 Packard that won First Place at the Montecito Motor Classic Car show in 2016.
University of California, San Francisco
Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco
Selected Recognition and Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Physician of the Year, Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital, 2020
- Ralph D. Feigin Visiting Student Scholar Award, Baylor College of Medicine
- Outstanding Graduate of 1993, UC San Francisco School of Medicine
- Scholastic Achievement Award, American Medical Women’s Association, 1993
- Senior Resident of the Year- Kaiser-French Foundation Award, UCSF, 1996
Research and Quality Improvement Projects
- Implementation of the Kaiser Sepsis Calculator model into the newborn nursery sepsis protocol with build into the EMR
- Introduction of glucose gel therapy for asymptomatic neonatal hypoglycemia
- Development of Eat, Sleep, Console implementation protocol for management of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome