Miriam Parsa, MD
Another native Angelino, Dr. Parsa shares her time with us as the only Pediatric Rheumatologist between Los Angeles and the Bay Area, and with her family. She enjoys hiking the local foothills with her dog, and has a very healthy addiction to sports.
Miriam loves soccer, and played actively until an ACL injury in graduate school truncated her career. Most weekends, you can find her supporting her two children on the soccer field. If you can’t, it’s because they are on the baseball diamond.
Inside fact: She is an avid baker, and you can pretty reliably get your afternoon hunger addressed by visiting her office.
- Medical School: Albany Medical College
- Residency: UCLA
- Masters in Public Health: Yale School of Public Health and Epidemiology
- Fellowship: UCLA Pediatric Rheumatology
Clinical Areas of Interest/Expertise
Pediatric Rheumatology, Juvenile Arthritis, Uveitis
Arthritis Foundation Medial Honoree
Community Service and Research Interests
- Member of the Arthritis Foundation Board of Directors
- Research: Uveitis
- UCLA Pediatric Rheumatology Fellowship Faculty: where she attends clinics, provides formal lectures and mentorship to trainees