Zohreh Shoar, MD
Dr. Zohreh Shoar is a Pediatric Endocrinologist, focusing her work on children with a variety of conditions related to the hormone-producing glands in the body including diabetes, thyroid disorders, abnormalities of growth, and adrenal insufficiency.
Zohreh’s clinical leadership emblemizes her devotion to evidence-based care in this fast moving field. She believes in a team approach in creating an environment that includes parents and family members in as much of the planning and ongoing care of the child as possible.
Dr. Shoar’s energy and compassion are focused on helping achieve optimal health through promoting a healthy lifestyle and disease prevention.
- Medical School: Mashhad University of Medical Science, Mashhad, Iran
- Residency: Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Science, Tehran, Iran
- Residency: Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Fellowship: Pediatric Endocrinology, St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Master of Public Health: Keck School of Medicine, USC, Los Angeles, CA
Awards and Recognition
- Focus on Early Careers at Scientific Sessions Award, American Diabetic Association.
- Women in Endocrinology Young Investigator Award
- Thalassemia Center Research Award
Community Service and Research Interests
Abstract Reviewer for PAS (2013-2016), Research interests in maternal obesity, insulin resistance, diabetes, Vitamin D Status in Refugee Children
Dr. Shoar has worked in a variety of clinical settings. Before joining the faculty at Cottage, she served as Pediatric Endocrinologist for the Kaiser program at both the Downey and Fontana Medical Centers.
She has been involved in many basic science and clinical research projects and published numerous articles in pediatric and pediatric endocrinology journals.