Accessing Your Medical Records
Patients may request copies of their medical records from Health Information Management (HIM) by completing the necessary authorization form below.
HIM staff are available to answer any questions by calling 805-569-7306.
Authorization to Disclose Health Information
Follow this link to download an Authorization to Disclose Health Information form.
For a version in Spanish follow this link - Autorización Para la Revelación de Información Médica.
The completed Authorization forms requesting copies of your medical records may be submitted via any of these options:
- In-Person: at any of our walk in locations (see list above)
- USPS Mail: Cottage Health, HIM Department
P.O. Box 689, 400 West Pueblo Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93102-0689
- Fax: 805-569-7441
- E-Mail: email@example.com
Walk in requests are accepted for all Cottage facilities and any of our three convenient locations.
HIM Office Sites and Hours of Operation for walk-in requests:
- Cottage Health Business Services Building/HIM Department
6550 Hollister Rd, 2nd Floor, Goleta, California
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday – Friday (except major holidays)
- Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital, 1st floor East Wing
400 W. Pueblo Street, Santa Barbara, California
8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Monday – Friday (except major holidays)
- Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital
2050 Viborg Road, Solvang, California
9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Monday – Friday (except major holidays)
Electronic Health Records
Cottage Health offers a secure electronic health record to help patients understand and manage their care. Cottage Health's MyChart provides immediate access to your medical records.
With a Cottage Health MyChart account, you can:
- Receive lab results online for most tests
- Monitor health trends
- View appointment summaries
- Message your doctor or provider for Cottage Health outpatient or clinic visits
- Access your child’s immunization records and growth charts. Follow this link for the Patient Portal Proxy Request form
- View prescriptions for your medications
- Request and receive copies of your medical records
- Pay your bill
- Manage and update your demographic and insurance information
- Check in for your appointments
- Fill out forms and questionnaires online in advance of your appointment
- Access your health information using your Android™, Apple Watch®, Apple iPhone®, iPad® or other smart tablet or device.