Patient Advocate for Your Concerns
Cottage Health encourages patients and families to report any care and safety concerns to their healthcare team. The team will work together to resolve your concerns.
We have created a multi-tiered process to resolve any patient satisfaction issues:
- Any employee receiving a concern or complaint will provide the first response.
- The employee will take additional action, as necessary, to resolve your concerns. They will help with the following:
- Accessing information
- Addressing concerns
- Improving communication
- Resolving difficulties
If your concerns have not been addressed adequately, have your nurse contact Patient Relations at extension 57244 or (805) 569-7244.
Your Patient Relations representative will:
- Serve as a point person for patients and family members to discuss concerns and ask questions.
- Gather additional information to resolve your concerns.
- Review complaints, concerns, inquiries and needs on your behalf.
- Act as a liaison between you and hospital personnel to answer non-medical questions and concerns.
- Arrange a meeting, if necessary, with relevant members of the healthcare team to address your concerns.
If you still have unresolved concerns after your discharge, we encourage you to put your grievance in writing and send it to our Patient Relations coordinator.
PO Box 689
Santa Barbara, CA 93102
Attn: Patient Relations
Your Patient Relations coordinator will:
- Send you an acknowledgement letter within seven business days after receiving your letter.
- Investigate your grievance and send you a written response within a stated number of days, no longer than 30 business days.