How Do I Get Started?
A doctor’s referral is required to enter the Cardiac Rehabilitation program. We have Adult Fitness classes as well. To make an appointment or ask questions, please call: (805) 686-3990 x73990
Cardiac Rehabilitation is a medically supervised outpatient program that helps patients return to healthy, active lives. Patients enjoy the personal care and support from our trained experts.
Our Goal is to help people make positive changes to attain their optimal state of health.
- Medical Supervision
- Assessment and counseling by Registered Nurses
- EKG and blood pressure monitoring during exercise
- Risk factor education/counseling
- Meeting with a Registered Dietitian.
What Are the Benefits?
- Safely improve the ability to do daily activities
- Progressively improve cardiac and overall fitness
- Lower the risk of cardiac disease
- Manage stress, blood pressure, cholesterol and diabetes
- Build self-confidence
- Social and emotional support
Who Needs Cardiac Rehab?
Anyone who has had the following within the last year:
- Stent or PCI (angioplasty)
- Heart attack
- Heart surgery (bypass or valve
- Stable angina
- Stable heart failure
How Long Does the Program Last?
The program runs for 8 -12 weeks, with visits limited to 36. On your first day, you meet in private with the staff and learn about the program. You then come to an hour-long group class on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.