Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital Emergency Department
For more information on the treatments and services available at Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital’s Emergency Department, please call 805-686-3989.
Whether time is clearly critical, or you just need to make sure everything is OK, Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital’s Emergency Department is ready for you.
Our team of board-certified emergency physicians and Emergency Department staff are standing by 24/7.
Prepare for an Emergency Visit
Always call 9-1-1 if you suspect a heart attack or stroke, or if someone has stopped breathing. An emergency medical crew can start treatment right away, shorten time to the hospital and help our advanced staff best prepare for arrival.
Visit the Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital Emergency Room if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Deep cuts/lacerations that require stitches or a large open wound that won’t stop bleeding
- Broken bones, sprains or dislocated joints
- Minor abdominal pain
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Minor head or eye injuries
- Flu or cold symptoms, sore throat, cough
- High fevers or fevers with rash
- Sudden testicular pain and swelling
- Painful urination
- Minor dog bites, cat scratches
- STD symptoms
- Intoxication and post intoxication nausea, vomiting, headache
- Recurrent seizures with a history of seizure disorder
Patients will be treated immediately for all medical conditions but if unable to be admitted at Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital, they will be cared for appropriately and transferred.