Nutrition Counseling Services
Attend a Free Nutrition Class
Attend one of our FREE nutrition classes, and take control of your health. For more information, call: 805-694-2351.
Our dietitian can help you with the following conditions:
- Cardiovascular disease
- High cholesterol/lipids
- Digestive disorders
- Kidney disease
- Food allergies
- Weight control
- Gluten-free, vegetarian, or other special diets
- Sports nutrition
- Pediatric and adolescent nutrition
Stacey Bailey, MS, RD, CDE
Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital
2050 Viborg Road
Solvang, CA 93463
Dietitian Phone - 805-694-2351
SYVCH Physicians Clinics - 805-686-3961
Fax - 805-686-3963
E-Mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Do You Need a Registered Dietitian?
A Registered Dietitian works with individuals on their specific nutritional needs to develop plans for improving health and/ or preventing disease. This is done on a one-to-one basis, or can include an entire family.
The dietitian will tailor the session to personal requests and needs. A Registered Dietitian provides accurate, reliable advice and keeps current with the latest scientific research. A Registered Dietitian has completed a minimum of four years of education and training in the field of nutrition at a college or university, completed a supervised internship and passed an exam to earn the credential.
How to Schedule an Appointment with the Dietitian
- Ask your physician for a referral for Nutrition Counseling.
- Your physician’s office can fax the referral to the SYVCH Physicians Clinic at 805-686-3963.
- After receiving the referral, the Physicians Clinic will obtain insurance authorization if needed and call you to set up an appointment.
- If your insurance does not cover nutrition counseling, you have the option to pay out-of-pocket at the time of appointment (you will get a discount for paying out-of-pocket).
- Please arrive for your appointment 10 minutes early and check in at the Main Admitting entrance of the hospital.
- If you have questions, please call the Physicians Clinic at 805-686-3961.
Goals of Medical Nutrition Therapy
- To educate patients on proper nutrition plans to help manage medical conditions.
- To help improve laboratory results such as blood sugar, cholesterol, and blood pressure.
- To correct nutritional deficiencies.
- To improve health and quality of life through good nutrition.
- To create individualized plans for meeting patients’ specific nutritional needs.