Take the Next Step
To schedule an appointment, or for more information please call 805-879-8500.
State-of-the-art technology meets state-of-the-art patient comfort.
The Cottage Center for Advanced Imaging offers an integrated suite of the most sophisticated imaging technology housed within a single outpatient environment – it is the only facility to do so between Los Angeles and San Francisco. Our advanced technologies not only offer physicians the highest level of diagnostic capability, they also provide a superior level of ergonomic functionality to enhance patient comfort as well.
GE Signa HDx 3.0 Tesla Ultra High Field MRI Scanner
The world’s first high-definition magnetic resonance system that captures patient images with the same quality as high definition television. Enhanced imaging technologies enable more definitive diagnoses on even the most difficult of cases. The High-definition coils are optimized for image quality for specific imaging areas and improved patient comfort during exams, resulting in breathtaking images and streamlined exams.
Siemens Open Bore 1.5 Tesla MRI Scanner
- The region’s first open-bore, high-field 1.5 Tesla MRI system, has twice the scanning capability of traditional open MRI scanners.
- 1.5 Tesla strength means the highest quality images for diagnostic confidence.
- The Siemens open-bore scanner features a generous 2.3 feet in diameter gantry and nearly one foot of free space between a patient’s head and the magnet.
- 125 cm magnet length means that 60% of examinations can be performed with a patient’s head outside the magnet .
- The new open-bore design accommodates all size patients and eliminates anxiety and claustrophobia—CT- like comfort in a 1.5 Tesla MRI.
General Electric Lightspeed VCT 64-Slice CT Scanner
- The world’s first Volume CT system is the latest innovation in computed- tomography (CT) technology that ushers in game-changing clinical imagery and applications in neurology, cardiology, and general radiology.
- Captures images of a beating heart in five heartbeats, an organ in a second, and if necessary, whole body trauma in 10 seconds.
- Volume coverage is diagnostic power -- including the ability to routinely perform CT-angiography, in addition to rapid test for stroke and chest pain.
- Automated dose-reduction features mean less exposure to radiation.
- NOVA qMRI
Cottage Center for Advanced Imaging now offers breakthrough technology in quantitative MRA. CCAI is one of only three radiology facilities in California and 25 nationally that offer NOVA qMRA - a completely non-invasive procedure for enhanced visualization of brain vasculature. It is the first system of its kind to allow for fast, accurate, and non-invasive determination of actual blood flow in milliliters per minute.
Features and Benefits of NOVA
Visualize: 3D Vasculature imagery that rotates a full 360 degrees
Quantify: The NOVA report calculates flow rates, velocity, wave forms, and flow direction.
Verify: Compare pre- and post-intervention to assess the effectiveness of treatment.
A NOVA study is indicated for patients with any of these diagnoses:
- Stroke and TIA
- Headache and dizziness
- Carotid Stenosis
- Angioplasty or Stent candidate
- Cerebral Aneurysm
- Pre- and Post-Interventional monitoring
To learn more about NOVA or to schedule an appointment, call (805) 879-8500.