Knee & Hip Care
Take the Next Step
Find out what you need to know about care and treatment for your bones and joints at Cottage Center for Orthopedics. Meet our expert team, make an appointment or talk with our orthopedic care center by calling toll-free: 1-855-366-7246.
The active life you love depends on strong joints in the knees and hips to help keep you moving. Daily wear and tear, accidents, falls, injuries, overuse or playing sports can sometimes lead to problems with either or both of these important joints.
Conditions We Treat
Choose Cottage Health when you need expert care for a broad range of conditions affecting the knees or hips, including:
- Arthritis – Wear and tear on bones and joints in the knees or hips
- Bursitis – Inflammation of thin sacs that lie between bones and soft tissue near a joint
- Dislocations or separations – Joints that have moved out of place
- Fractures – Broken bones
- Hip labral tear – Damage to the ring of cartilage along the outside rim of the hip socket
- Injuries to ligaments or tendons in the knee
- Knee meniscus tear - Damage to the disc-like and cartilage cushions in the knee from twisting or turning quickly
- Osteoporosis – Bone loss that can lead to breaks or fractures, especially hip fractures
- Patellar tracking disorder – Chronic patella instability where the kneecap shifts out of place
- Rheumatoid arthritis – Chronic inflammation of joints
Services We Offer
At Cottage Center for Orthopedics, you’ll find specialists who focus on caring for your knees and hips and work with you to achieve the best possible outcome. To address your specific situation, you and your care team may take advantage of Cottage Health orthopedic services such as:
Strength in Numbers
Cottage Health collects data before and after hip and knee replacement surgeries so that changes in joint function, like improved movement and reduced pain levels, can be measured and evaluated. Functional improvement scores help us measure how well we are doing at getting you back to doing the things you loved before surgery. Functional improvement can be measured in many ways. Some examples include:
- ease of going up and down stairs
- going to the mailbox
- walking your dog
- playing with grandchildren
- regular exercise routine
In 2019, more than 90% of our patients who received a total hip or knee replacement at the Cottage Center for Orthopedics showed significant improvement after their surgeries.
Top-Notch Care for Your Knees & Hips
Patient-centered care for your knees and hips at Cottage Health means you work directly with our board-certified, fellowship-trained and nationally recognized orthopedic physicians and surgeons.
- You and your doctor develop an individual plan of care from discussions of your needs and wants, as well as your diagnosis and options for treatment—starting with the least invasive approaches and taking advantage of the latest technology when it’s appropriate.
- You have fast access to our specialists when an injury or situation demands attention right away, and you’ll find it easy to schedule appointments for follow-up or ongoing care.
- You also benefit from the long-term relationship with Cottage Health orthopedic specialists—who serve as the primary source of care for your musculoskeletal system. We know you and your personal history, and we help you keep your bones and joints healthy over your entire lifetime.
Learn more about bone, joint and muscle health in our online Health Library.
Take the Next Step
Meet our affiliated physicians, make an appointment and take the next step toward orthopedic treatment at Cottage Center for Orthopedics. Call our care coordinator toll-free at 1-855-3-NO-PAIN.