Take the Next Step
Find out what you need to know about care and treatment for your bones and joints at Cottage Center for Orthopedics. Meet our expert team, make an appointment or talk with our orthopedic care center by calling toll-free:
Cyclist? Surfer? Weekend golfer? Daily jogger? Active team member? No matter what sport you pursue, you rely on your body’s muscles, bones and joints to give you the winning edge.
Conditions We Treat
Choose Cottage Health when you need expert care for a variety of conditions related to athletic training, strengthening, playing sports or sport-related accidents and injury, such as:
- Arthritis – Wear and tear on bones and joints, especially in upper and lower extremities
- Bursitis – Inflammation of thin sacs that lie between bones and soft tissue near a joint
- Concussion or other head injury– Mild traumatic injury to the brain or skull
- Dislocations or separations – Joints that have moved out of place
- Fractures – Broken bones
- Knee and hip injuries – Damage to ligaments (ACL, PCL), tendons or cartilage (hip labral tear), as well as breaks, fractures or dislocations
- Medial tibial stress syndrome (MTSS or shin splints) – Pain along the inner edge of the tibia
- Rheumatoid arthritis – Chronic inflammation of joints
- Rotator cuff injuries – Tears, overuse or irritation in the shoulder muscles
- Sesamoiditis or sesamoid injuries – Overuse or breaks in sesamoid bones embedded in the tendons below the big toe from increased pressure on the ball of the foot
- Sprains and strains – Torn or damaged ligaments in a joint
- Swollen muscles
- Tendinitis – Irritation from overuse, traumatic or repetitive injury, especially of the peroneal tendon and the Achilles tendon
- Toe and foot injuries and disorders, including turf toe – Overextension of the soft tissue surrounding the big toe joint
Services We Offer
At Cottage Center for Orthopedics, you’ll find specialists who focus on getting you back in the game and who work with you to achieve the best possible outcome. To address your specific situation, you and your care team may take advantage of Cottage Health orthopedic services such as:
- Advanced imaging for diagnosis and treatment
- Children’s orthopedic care, including a wide range of options for congenital conditions, pediatric sports injuries and trauma care—from simple fractures to complex injuries—all delivered in a family-centered environment
- Heat, cold, ultrasound or mild electrical stimulation to help the healing process
- Knee and hip arthroscopy
- Joint replacement for shoulders, wrists, fingers, knees, hips and other joints
- Orthopedic rehabilitation for both inpatients and outpatients
- Orthopedic surgery for conditions other than joint replacement
- Orthopedic wellness options and classes to help you live well with the bones and joints you have and learn about injury prevention
- Pain management for noninvasive care to reduce inflammation
- Physical therapy, massage therapy or manual manipulation to improve flexibility and function
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections for tendon repair
Keeping Your Joints Healthy
If your joints are working great, make sure you take the steps to retain your daily performance. Our advanced medical team can educate you on joint preservation.
Joint preservation is attained through the use of multi-modality treatment options. This can include physical therapy, medications, injections, activity modifications and sometimes surgery. These procedures can reduce or prevent the onset or progression of arthritis and extend the life of your joints. In turn, this may reduce the risk of needing a joint replacement in the future.
Top-Notch Care for Active Lives
Patient-centered care for your sport-related conditions at Cottage Health means you work directly with our board-certified, fellowship-trained and nationally recognized orthopedic physicians and surgeons.
You know you’re receiving top-notch sports-related care because our doctors gained experience as physicians with a wide range professional teams, including Los Angeles Rams, Dodgers, Lakers, Kings, Angels and more. And they’re on the field with teams from Santa Barbara City College, San Marcos High School, Dos Pueblos High School and area club sports and semi-pro teams, including rugby, volleyball and marathon runners.
In addition to sharing their fellowship training—completed at well-known sites such as New York City’s Mount Sinai Hospital, Stanford Medical Center, Columbia University and Manhattan Beach/Los Angeles—your Cottage Health orthopedic specialists also focus on your specific condition.
- You and your doctor develop an individual plan of care from discussions of your needs and wants, as well as your diagnosis and options for treatment—starting with the least invasive approaches and taking advantage of the latest technology when it’s appropriate.
- You have fast access to our specialists when an injury or situation demands attention right away, and you’ll find it easy to schedule appointments for follow-up or ongoing care.
- You also benefit from the long-term relationship with Cottage Health orthopedic specialists—who serve as the primary source of care for your musculoskeletal system. We know you and your personal history, and we help you keep your bones and joints healthy over your entire lifetime.
Learn more about bone, joint and muscle health in our online Health Library.
Take the Next Step
Meet our affiliated physicians, make an appointment and take the next step toward orthopedic treatment at Cottage Center for Orthopedics. Call our care coordinator toll-free at 1-855-3-NO-PAIN.