Take the Next Step
Learn more about orthopedic surgery at Cottage Center for Orthopedics. Talk with our orthopedic care center and make an appointment by calling toll-free: 1-855-366-7246.
Beyond joint replacement, orthopedic surgical procedures address a wide range of conditions and injuries affecting bones, joints, ligaments and tendons. At Cottage Center for Orthopedics, you benefit from our comprehensive orthopedic surgery services.
Nationally Recognized Orthopedic Trauma Care
No matter how your orthopedic condition or injury happens, you’ll receive expert care through the Cottage Health Verified Level I Trauma Center that also includes our Pediatric Trauma Center. Our Level I verification by the American College of Surgeons (ACoS) recognizes the excellent care for severe injuries we deliver to adults and children on California’s Central Coast.
Coordinated Care Team
You and your Cottage orthopedic healthcare team work together to develop a plan of care that meets your specific needs. Your initial assessment involves evaluation by our orthopedic surgeons and physical therapists, who can explain and recommend the most appropriate care for you.
Comprehensive Orthopedic Surgical Services
Orthopedic surgery procedures and services at Cottage Health include:
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) repair – Reconstructs the ligament in the front of the knee after a tear; intended to improve stability of the knee joint and help return to activity
- Arthroscopy – Uses special small instruments and a tiny camera to visually examine a large joint like the knee or shoulder and repair or correct any issues
- Carpal tunnel release – Opens the ligament covering the carpal tunnel in the wrist to help relieve pain or numbness and improve strength
- Fracture care and pediatric fracture care – Repairs and properly realigns broken bones in adults or children
- Hip osteotomy – Reshapes or repositions bones in the pelvis or legs to improve movement and relieve pain
- Knee osteotomy – Removes a wedge of bone from the tibia to reshape and realign the leg
- Meniscectomy – Removes damaged cartilage in the knee joint to help relieve pain or improve range of motion; may be performed as a minimally invasive arthroscopic procedure
- Posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) repair – Reconstructs the ligament within the knee that connects the thighbone to the shinbone
- Orthopedic trauma services – Includes care for complex limb and joint fractures that result from injury or accident
Check our health library for information about how to choose an orthopedic surgeon.
Children’s Orthopedic Care
Cottage Health has a wide range of options for congenital conditions, pediatric sports injuries and trauma care—from simple fractures to complex injuries—all delivered in a family-centered environment.
Orthopedic Outpatient Surgery
Although caring for you as a patient in one of our hospitals may be the best option for a particular situation, you or your child might be good candidates for orthopedic procedures delivered on an outpatient basis to help you get back to your life as quickly and safely as possible.
Choose Cottage Health to benefit from the collaboration of our orthopedic surgeons, neurosurgeons and other medical professionals who deliver exceptional spine care. Explore your options at Cottage for surgical procedures to help your back and neck—such as vertebroplasty or kyphoplasty, spinal fusion and more.