Cottage Residential Center
Drug & Alcohol Recovery Program
Take the First Step
Take the first step to recovery by contacting us. Fill out our short Contact Us form and a member of our team will reach out to you. For immediate assistance call us directly at 805-569-7422.
Cottage Residential Center is located in beautiful Santa Barbara, just three blocks from the beach. We specialize in the treatment of substance use disorders, providing a supportive setting to begin the journey of recovery. We have over 45 years of experience providing treatment to help people achieve and maintain lasting sobriety.
Our program provides medically supervised care, with ease of access to the resources of Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital nearby. We offer both private and semi-private rooms for up to 24 adults. Our collaborative treatment approach offers a team of highly experienced professionals, which includes, registered nurses (RN’s) and licensed therapists (LMFT’s), with referrals to a team of physicians with specialization in addiction medicine (American Society of Addiction Medicine).
Your care continues beyond our walls, as we help individuals successfully navigate the transition from residential treatment to ongoing levels of care in the community.
- Physicians who specialize in addiction medicine
- Board Certified Psychiatric Mental Health Nurses
- Insurance accepted, in-network with many insurance plans
Licensed and Accredited Treatment Facility
Cottage Residential Center combines a highly structured therapeutic environment with individual, group, and family treatment.
Our program incorporates a full complement of recovery based activities, including evidence based modalities. This includes:
- Twelve Step programming
- Group therapy and Individual therapy
- Mindfulness based relapse prevention
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Spirituality in Recovery
- Experiential groups, including community outings
- Wellness activities (yoga and daily walks)
- Coping skills development, including stress management and distress tolerance
- Family support and education
- Discharge planning and community referrals
- Alumni support
We are licensed by the California Department of Health Care Services and accredited by the Joint Commission.
Cottage Residential Center Approach to Rehab
- Personalized - Our treatment plans are individualized to address each person’s specific needs. This includes treatment modalities that support those who are also struggling with co-occurring mental health symptoms and substance use disorders.
- Integrative - Our treatment approach provides multidisciplinary care for the mind, body, and spirit.
- Family-Oriented - We actively involve the family system as a unit of care, supporting the whole family in the recovery process.
- Community-Based - Our services include locations in Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo, allowing for a continuation of care following residential treatment. Our discharge plans are targeted to provide our residents and their family members with ongoing care. This includes referrals to programs in your own community.
Cost and Insurance Coverage
We are in-network with most insurance carriers. At this time, we are not a contracted provider for Medicare or Medi-cal. We offer self pay rates and payment plans.
Inpatient and Outpatient Recovery Programs
Since 1975, Cottage Health has been dedicated to providing effective, compassionate treatment for those confronted with the challenges of substance abuse and/or mental health disorders.
Cottage Health offers a comprehensive continuum of care that may include: