Psychiatric Grand Rounds
Cottage Health Department of Psychiatric and Addiction Medicine seeks to promote excellence and quality in our clinical care, introduce clinicians to recent advances that enhance treatment and provide a forum for discussion of topics that strengthen the relationship of psychiatry and addiction medicine to the broader Santa Barbara community.
We invite you to attend our monthly presentations the second Wednesday of the month at Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital from 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
No RSVP or advance registration is required.
- June 12, 2019 - Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) Use in Psychiatry
- May 8, 2019 - Raising Good Kids (While Being a Good Enough Parent)
- April 10, 2019 - Handling Emotions Constructively and Changing Negative Thoughts
- April 8, 2019 - Dopesick: Dealers, Doctors, and the Drug Company That Addicted America
- March 13, 2019 - Grief, Mourning, and Bereavement How the DSM 5 Addresses Bereavement
- February 13, 2019 - When Diets Fail: Incorporating Mindful Eating Strategies
- January 16, 2019 - Where Are We With Hope and Resilience?
2018 Presentation Archive
Continuing Education Units
Physicians: Please note that due to changes in the requirements to qualify for CME’s, Psychiatric Grand Rounds is no longer able to offer CMEs.
Course meets the qualifications for 1 hour of continuing education (CE) credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs (provider # 57341) and Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital maintains responsibility for the program/course and its content.
Course approved for 1 contact hour for RNs by the California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider #00252), through the Education Department, Cottage Health.
No RSVP or advance registration is required. Registration for course attendees requesting continuing education credit will take place prior to the start of the course.
CH Employees may receive the Continuing Education Completion Certificate through Healthstream. Free of charge for CH Employees.
Others: The completion certificate will be issued within 10 business days following receipt of the course evaluation and $15 fee. Detailed instructions will be provided at registration.
Grievances may be addressed directly to the Education Department.
If you are in need of special accommodation please contact the Education Department at 805-569-7325.