Cystic Fibrosis and Bronchiectasis Clinic
Make an Appointment
Please call 805-569-8993 for current clinic dates, to schedule an appointment, or to schedule a tours for new patients seeking to transition to our program.
One of the most common inherited genetic disorders affecting Caucasians in the United States, cystic fibrosis (CF) causes the body to produce thick, sticky mucus that clogs the lungs and builds up in the digestive tract.
Cystic fibrosis also causes about one-third of cases of bronchiectasis, the destruction and widening of airways. In addition, bronchiectasis may be caused by:
- Autoimmune disorders
- Lung infections
- Other genetic conditions
The Adult Cystic Fibrosis and Bronchiectasis Program at Cottage Health strives to provide comprehensive personalized multidisciplinary care with a holistic approach to patients from the central coast of California. Our purpose is to promote the core values of our health system including excellence, integrity and compassion in the care of our patients.
Expert Treatment, Personal Attention
You’ll get high-quality, specialized treatment for your condition because we are accredited by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. You’ll enjoy personalized support and attention from staff who take the time to get to know you.
At the Cystic Fibrosis and Bronchiectasis Center, you can expect consultation, evaluation and management to promote wellness and health. Special services we offer include:
- Comprehensive yearly evaluations and quarterly visits to the CF clinic
- Complete pulmonary function testing, arterial blood gas analysis and cardiopulmonary exercise testing
- 3 step test and 6 minute walk test performed by our physical therapist
- Sputum cultures – Detects infection in your airways by examining mucus samples in a laboratory
- Sweat chloride test – Measures the amount of chloride in your sweat to diagnose or rule out CF
- Airway clearance device demonstrations and review in clinic with our respiratory therapist