Find out how respiratory therapy can help you breathe easier.
- Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital 805-569-7207
- Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital 805-937-3411 Ext. 61372
When you experience difficulty breathing, trust Cottage Health to help you get the air you need to function better and be more active.
Conditions We Treat
Certified respiratory therapists at Cottage evaluate your lung’s ability to take in air, diagnose respiratory conditions and provide therapeutic services for chronic lung diseases, as well as acute conditions that affect breathing, such as:
Services & Treatments We Offer
Take advantage of a variety of respiratory therapy services, including:
- Biofeedback therapy – Teaches you how to control your breathing rate
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) – Keeps oxygenated blood flowing to your vital organs during a medical emergency
- Humidity therapy – Maintains an optimal humidity level in your airway
- Exercise program – Uses cardiovascular exercise, such as walking, and upper-body exercises to strengthen your respiratory system
- Mechanical ventilation – Helps you breath more easily
- Oxygen therapy – Delivers supplemental oxygen
- Respiratory equipment consultations – Provide instructions on using home ventilators, inhalers, nebulizers and other respiratory equipment
Learn about the pulmonary and respiratory care team and other rehabilitation and therapy services available at Cottage Health.