Coast Caregiver Resource Center
Take the Next Step
For more information on resources available through Coast Caregiver, please call (805) 569-8950, ext. 1. Our Santa Barbara offices are located at 2415 De La Vina Street.
Are you a caregiver?
Do you provide unpaid care for an adult family member with a brain impairment or an older adult with a chronic health condition? Does your loved one depend on you for safety, personal care, meals, laundry, finances and/or shopping and errands? Do you feel responsible for your loved one’s health and well-being?
If you are wondering what needs to be done in order to ensure your family member is safe and well cared for, the Coast Caregiver Resource Center (CCRC), a program of Cottage Rehabilitation Hospital, is here to support you.
We provide caregiver support services in Santa Barbara, Ventura and San Luis Obispo Counties. We offer individualized consultations, and can often assist with short term respite and/or counseling costs. Most services are free or provided at low cost to family caregivers.
Se Habla Español.
For more information download the Coast Caregiver Resource Center brochure
Individualized Family Consultation Services Include:
- Support on caregiving issues, and impact of diagnosis
- Information regarding care options and community resources
- Short- and long-term care planning
- Respite and/or counseling grants
- Education Programs
- Caregiver Retreats
- Support groups
You May Also Contact the Family Consultant in Your County Directly:
- Kiersten Arnaudin (San Luis Obispo County) - (805) 451-2450
- Carol Bress (Santa Barbara County) - (805) 569-8950, ext. 4
- Brenda Birdwell (Ventura County) - (805) 699-8907
- Dina Ontiveras- Spanish speaking family consultant for all three counties - (805) 569-8950, ext. 1
Counseling Services Can Help You Manage:
- Stress & fatigue due to unrelenting demands
- Anxiety or depression
- Understanding dementia-related behaviors
- Difficulties speaking with doctors
- Communicating with other family members
- Conflict about caregiving at home vs. in a facility
- Recovering from a loved one's stroke
- Your loved one nearing the end of life
Respite (Substitute) Grants Available for Unpaid Caregivers
Respite Care includes brief periods of time when an aide can come into your home to provide substitute care, or, when the person you care for attends an adult day care program.
Respite services include in-home care or adult day program services, and allow the caregiver to attend to personal needs while ensuring care for their loved one.
Short terms grants are often available to help pay for these services.
Support group meetings are held in a variety of venues in the Tri-Counties and offered at no charge.
To schedule a consultation, please call the Coast Caregiver Resource Center at (805) 569-8950. Se Habla Español
Toll Free: Outside of Santa Barbara (888) 488-6555, ext. 1.
Address: 2415 De La Vina St., Santa Barbara, CA
Funding for the Coast Caregiver Resource Center is generously provided by the California Department of Health Care Services, Central Coast Commission for Senior Citizens, Area Agency on Aging; Cottage Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation; San Luis Obispo County; Santa Barbara Foundation, Arthur N. Rupe Foundation, Spungen Foundation, Hutton Foundation and private donations.
Donate to Coast Caregiver Resource Center
Our services thrive on your support. To make a donation to the CCRC – go to cottagehealth.org/donate and select CCRC from the drop-down menu – or call 805-879-8980.